- What pages are in the supplemental index? I need to figure out how to know. I might find out that it's my hint pages which are almost all flash or some other page of that sort.
- I need to study these pages and see if they are repetitive or whats going on
- Maybe I should take them out of the google index entirely with robots .txt file....
Supplemental Index Ratio Calculator
Supplemental Ratio for http://www.time4learning.com/:
Google has a total of 552 pages indexed from http://www.time4learning.com/
365 are in the main index
187 are in the supplemental index
What is the Supplemental Index Ratio?
Google has a secondary index containing pages pages considered of less importance.This pages are considered supplemental results, and returned in SERPs only if there are no pages from the main index matching the given search term(s).
The Supplemental Index Ratio tells you what percentage of pages indexed from your website are supplemental results.The lower your Supplemental Index Ratio is, the better.
How Can I Lower My Supplemental Index Ratio?
The primary solution is to get more relevant inbound links… but this is the solution of 90% of SEO problems.Some other suggested solutions are
- Avoid duplicate content
- Write long posts
- Avoid linking at bad neighborhood
- Avoid excessive reciprocal links
How Does Supplemental Index Ratio Calculator Works?
Finds the total number of pages indexed by Google from your website with
Finds the total number of pages in the main index with
Does some math to find the percentage
If you want to view ONLY your supplemental results you can use this command site:www.time4learning.com *** -sljktf. I don't think this worked for me.
I'll now (or when I get back to it) try looking at the data and difference between: