Here's my list of what happened and how we've done. The focus of course is on the negative since I'm more interested in galvanizing ourselves to action than being self-congratulatory. I could have built a different list which included items that we've done very well on but that tends towards smugness. So my dear colleagues, don't take it personally, I know that we are doing great on many fronts.
- F links might have had a conceptual value of 1 good point,
- C links had a value of 10
- A links a value of 25.
This means that authority links were maybe 25x more valuable back in 2010 than just a unique link from a unique domain.
6. Site management of feeder sites. They've lost their advertising revenue stream. It's not clear to me if they've kept up their traffic year on year.
- Email marketing, writing, analysis, and results
- SEO and link building: analysis and results
- Paid marketing: PPC, Retargetting, Programmatic Buying, Banners
- Website management: sales funnel mgt, landing page optimization
- social media: analysis and results....
5. Updating outdated technology and systems. Unified our email lists etc.
6. Focusing on users and topics in our wriitng, not on keywords.
7. Thinking big.