1. Do html code errors materially affect site from an SEO point of view?
Only so far as it impedes rapid spidering and link following....
Discussion: http://forums.devshed.com/search-engine-optimization-108/html-code-errors-seo-361845.html#post1536774 .
2. Impact of caps and comments in seo page names. Whats up with this?
this page - http://www.time4learning.com/homeschool-curriculum.htm - shows a 5 google page rank. This is the exact url of the page.
but this url (same page) http://www.time4learning.com/Homeschool-curriculum.htm - shows a zero page rank.
I have a link that has a comment: http://www.time4learning.com/homeschool-curriculum.htm#topchoice This url takes the user to the right page but the page rank indicator says zero.
I'm assuming that the instant google toolbar page rank indicator is not indicative in this case of the underlying reality in google. Anybody know different?
3. Transmission of page rank. I'm trying to quantify the value of links. Assume the purpose of the link is google seo. Is a page with rank 6 and 1 link twice as valuable as a link from that same page with two outgoing links? Has anyone ever seen a discussion of this point? I think the answer to this is a basic understanding of the google principle which is that a page's power to transmit its page rank is a function of some damper effect with the remainder divided among the number of outgoing links from that page. But, the related and interesting questions are:
- value of a link as a function of number of outgoing links from that page
- value of page rank: 7 vs 6 vs 5 vs 4 vs 3 etc
4. Best use of blog links & social networking - I suspect that I'm doing this the hard way.
Great list of directories - http://marketingdefined.com/dir/main_directories.htm
Post a Comment