Here are the top ten ways to improve your position in the search engines.
They are in order of Most Important to Least Important! (in my opinion)
1. Quality inbound links from relevant pages with relevant anchor text to relevant pages.
2. Quality Inbound Relevent Links
3. Original content with each page built around a few targetted keyphrases with correct use of page title and URL.
4. Keyphrase-based domain name
5. Quality Directory Listings
6. Large Websites
7. Quality Relevent Outbound links
8. Site map
9. Correct use of H1, H2, Meta, and Alt tags
10. Correct use of keyword density & metatags (important to Yahoo & MSN)
Quality HTML with no errors
No broken internal links
Having friends at Google.
What will hurt you:
All and any blackhat techniques
Lots of non-original content
Links to spam & trash sites
Post a Comment