- www.internet4classrooms.com/skills_2nd.htm - They are a free directory site with pages on most grade levels. The links cover learning games and resources for each major subject. Compiled by two teachers in TennCopyright (Susan Brooks and Bill Byles). they link to other sites games & resources. Very minor banner advertising. The ad network might change with each refesh. I noticed afy and doubleclick in the URLs. It appears to be tightly maintained with a note on each page that the links were verified 3/18 (11 dyas ago) and that it is protected from scraping by copyscape. They direct link to other sites flash files. They have a major commentary about HotChalk on the front page so they might be related.
- www.aaaknow.com/grade2.htm - This site also has a page on each grade level, it's run by John Banfill of New Mexico, he has google ads throughout the site. The content is all on the site. It's very simple examples of a very large number of math lessons. The main business focus seems to be selling the math CD.
- http://school.familyeducation.com/second-grade/elementary-school/36065.html This ia very slick corporate site with a range of newsletters, resources, cross promotional and revenue related ads in content management system. I quote: Family Education Network is built on a strong foundation of assets from the international media company, Pearson plc (NYSE:PSO). Their are menu items for every interest (parents, teachers, kids) and every subject and every age range.
- http://www.geocities.com/ljacoby_2000/window.html This is a teacher's great website. Resources and resources and whatnot, obviously accumulated over the years. She's done a great job, it's a totally organic site. Note that it's a geocities (ie free) site that has gotten to the top from a long history and lots of links and quality. Nothing SEOish about it. Congratulations to: Ms. Jacoby's Second Grade at Peirce School ~ Arlington, Massachusetts. There is no revenue model, it's just a school classroom site done with a geocities template. Note that the title tag is "Window on our World".
- http://www.genevaschools.org/austinbg/class/gray/ This is another teacher's great website hosted on the school systems site. The title is Mrs Gray's Second Grade Class. It's got great resources and a clean design. Congratulations to Mrs Gray.
- http://www.cape.k12.mo.us/blanchard/hicks/index.html Mrs Hicks second grade class. She's hosted on the school systems ".US" domain. This is another home-grown template driven sweet teacher's site that has great personality and resources. Title tag: Mrs Hicks Second Grade Classroom
- http://www.ed.gov/pubs/CompactforReading/table2.html A federal government archived site with 100 PDFs of some use to teachers. The title tag reads: "Archived: archived: School-Home Links Reading Kit: Second Grade Reading Activities Table of Content"
- http://www.learnnc.org/students/2/ A collection of select resources, just 20, collected by LearnNC. LEARN NC, a program of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Education, finds the most innovative and successful practices in K–12 education and makes them available to teachers and students . At first, the site appears to be only linking to non-commercial sites (Read Write Think) but it also goes to regular sites such as LearningBox.com (cool site)
- http://www.time4learning.com/education/second_grade.shtml A site describing the curriculum of Time4Learning - home education - for second graders. Nicely done.
Note - NONE of the teacher or resource sites listed SpellingCity.com - This needs to be remedied.