Start a blog and sign up for Feedburner.Put up a blog at www.yoursite.com/blog. It doesn't matter if you use WordPress, Blogger, or whatever blog platform you prefer, just make sure you host it on your site. Make a few posts about your site, what people can expect when it launches, and why your site will be unique. After your first post, sign up for a Feedburner account. Under 'Publicize' in your account make sure to sign up for 'Ping Shot'. This will notify blogging directories of your posts which hopefully will result in a few links to your site.
- Is it the blog software that matters such as blogger, wordpress, iblogs etc?
- Is it better or worse to host it on your own domain for SEO purposes?
- How good is the built-in ping from the software?
- Does manually using pingomatic help?
- Are blog communities a help or hindrance? (such as www.homeschoolblogger.com/EdMouse)
- What is this feedburner?